Definition of Political movement
1. Noun. A group of people working together to achieve a political goal.
Specialized synonyms: Palestine Liberation Organization, Plo, Sinn Fein, Red Guard, Syndicalism, Foreign Terrorist Organization, Fto, Terrorist Group, Terrorist Organization
Member holonyms: Cadre, Cell
Generic synonyms: Front, Movement, Social Movement
Political Movement Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Political Movement Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Political Movement
Literary usage of Political movement
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"... and Reichensperger, because he had never taken an active part in the ecclesiastical and ecclesiastico-political movement among German Catholics. ..."
2. Young India: An Interpretation and a History of the Nationalist Movement by Lajpat Rai (1916)
"12 Hume's political movement. Now these were noble words, pointing out the only political weapon that ever succeeds against autocratic governments. ..."
3. Public Ownership of Telephones on the Continent of Europe by Arthur Norman Holcombe (1911)
"There is another reason for the absence of an independent political movement on the part of the employees of the state. The state which engages in business ..."
4. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1866)
"... and directly to л recognition of the insurgent States ; and when i suy this I need hardly add that I can have no part in any political movement ..."