Definition of Pork sausage
1. Noun. Sausage containing pork.
Pork Sausage Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pork Sausage Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pork Sausage
Literary usage of Pork sausage
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cyclopedia of American Agriculture: A Popular Survey of Agricultural by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1908)
"—pork sausage should be made only from clean, fresh pork. To each three pounds of lean pork add ... Chop together fine and season the same as pork sausage. ..."
2. Text-book of Meat Hygiene: With Special Consideration of Antemortem and by Richard Heinrich Edelmann (1919)
"May be again classed as fresh sausage, as pork sausage; smoked sausage, ... Fresh sausage is divided into an all-pork sausage and the ordinary fresh sausage ..."
3. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1909)
"SAUSAGE pork sausage.—Cannot be so called unless made from pork meat only. Little Pig Sausage.—May be called "Little pork sausage" or "Pigmy Sausage. ..."
4. Pharmaceutical and Food Analysis: A Manual of Standard Methods for the by Azor Thurston (1922)
"It appears in this country that when sausage is called for, without qualifications, pork sausage should be the lawful article to sell. ..."
5. The Pathology and Differential Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases of Animals by Veranus Alva Moore (1916)
"For example, sausage containing pork and beef shall not be labeled "pork sausage," but shall be labeled "pork and beef sausage. ..."
6. Successful Canning and Preserving by Ola Powell (1917)
"Chop together fine and season the same as for pork sausage. ... Many people prefer this to clear pork sausage, as it is not so fat. ..."
7. Farmer's Cyclopedia of Live Stock by Earley Vernon Wilcox, Clarence Beaman Smith (1908)
"For pork sausage, the necessary salt and li/i ounces of sulphite of soda are used ... pork sausage: 75 pounds pork trimmings, 19 " potatoes, 6 " beef suet, ..."
8. Bulletin by North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (Fargo) (1899)
"Brand, pork sausage Meat. ... Eder Bros., Wahpeton, ND Contains .borates in considerable amount. Lab. No. 2683. Brand, pork sausage Meat. ..."