Definition of President abraham lincoln
1. Noun. 16th President of the United States; saved the Union during the American Civil War and emancipated the slaves; was assassinated by Booth (1809-1865).
Generic synonyms: Attorney, Lawyer, Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Derivative terms: Lincolnian
President Abraham Lincoln Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: President Abraham Lincoln Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of President Abraham Lincoln
Literary usage of President abraham lincoln
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Abraham Lincoln and Constitutional Government by Bartow Adolphus Ulrich (1916)
"... LEE ON THE SOUTH— GENERAL MEAD STOPS HIM ON THE NORTH—LEE SURRENDERS —RICHMOND EVACUATED—DAVIS CAPTURED—ASSASSINATION OF president abraham lincoln. ..."
2. Abraham Lincoln and the Downfall of American Slavery by Noah Brooks (1894)
"president abraham lincoln. In the White House—Assembling of the Rebel Congress—Rebel Emissaries Sent to Washington—A Vigorous Policy Clamored for—The First ..."
3. Abraham Lincoln and Constitutional Government by Bartow Adolphus Ulrich (1916)
"On April 14, 1865 president abraham lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's theatre. Nearly nineteen hundred years after the martyrdom of ..."
4. Life of Abraham Lincoln, Sixteenth President of the United States by Frank Crosby (1865)
"Richmond. and sixty-five, and of the Independence of the United States the eighty-ninth. " By the President: ABRAHAM LINCOLN. ..."