Definition of President Carter
1. Noun. 39th President of the United States (1924-).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Lexicographical Neighbors of President Carter
Literary usage of President Carter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Calendar of Virginia State Papers and Other Manuscripts: ... Preserved in by Virginia, William Pitt Palmer, Sherwin McRae, Raleigh Edward Colston, Henry W. Flournoy (1875)
"... a river Letter to Sir Richard Everard from President Carter at length in regard to the Indian disturbances on the frontiers of N. Corolina and Virginia, ..."
2. Welfare: The Political Economy of Welfare Reform in the United States by Martin Anderson (1978)
"President Carter obviously knew what he wanted in the way of welfare reform insofar as principle was concerned. During the campaign he had pledged a major ..."
3. Bound to Be Free by Richard B. McKenzie (1982)
"President Carter had become the butt of numerous not-so-kind jokes ... Like his immediate predecessor, President Carter was often characterized as a man who ..."
4. The Wayward Welfare State by Roger A. Freeman (1981)
"In his 1976 campaign President Carter promised that he would as his "first piece of legislation" send to Congress a proposal to reduce the number of federal ..."