Definition of Professional tennis player
1. Noun. Someone who earns a living playing or teaching tennis.
Professional Tennis Player Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Professional Tennis Player Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Professional Tennis Player
Literary usage of Professional tennis player
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Teacher's Handbook of Psychology by James Sully (1910)
"Is it possible then that a professional tennis player, engaged in a game with his equal, plays in a quasi-mechanical fashion? Part of the business of such a ..."
2. London in the Jacobite Times by Doran (John) (1877)
"He would often have been glad,' said the professional tennis-player, ' if / would have taken him home to dinner!' The tennis-player was above stooping to ..."
3. Traffic Safety and the Driver by Leonard Evans (1991)
"... sleep-deprived, fatigued, tense, over-the-hill, former professional tennis player will hit a ball a lot better than I can at my peak performance. ..."
4. Rosie's Daughters: The "First Woman To" Generation Tell Its Stories by Matilda Butler, Kendra Bonnett (2007)
"... Nancy Pelosi (Speaker of the House), Billie Jean King (professional tennis player and tireless crusader for women's parity in tournament sports), ..."