Definition of Professional golfer
1. Noun. Someone who earns a living by playing or teaching golf.
Professional Golfer Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Professional Golfer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Professional Golfer
Literary usage of Professional golfer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Soul of Golf by Percy Adolphus Vaile (1912)
"Some time ago a good professional golfer asserted that the well-known ... Now our professional golfer, who essayed the task of playing blindfolded golf, ..."
2. The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine by Roy J. Friedman Mark Twain Collection (Library of Congress) (1913)
"In order to focus the attention on this phase, I should like to describe the two different plans used by the professional golfer and the amateur. ..."
3. Taylor on Golf: Impressions, Comments & Hints by John Henry Taylor (1905)
"THAT the professional golfer's life is not exactly one long siesta upon a bed of roses I have attempted to show in the previous chapters, and in saying that ..."
4. The Complete Golfer by Harry Vardon (1908)
"... recipient of numerous presents of all kinds, and the invitations that I received to dinners were far too many for any professional golfer to accept. ..."