Definition of Program library
1. Noun. (computing) a collection of standard programs and subroutines that are stored and available for immediate use.
Category relationships: Computer Programing, Computer Programming, Programing, Programming
Terms within: Library Program, Cataloged Procedure, Library Routine
Generic synonyms: Accumulation, Aggregation, Assemblage, Collection
Program Library Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Program Library Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Program Library
Literary usage of Program library
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Public Access to Government Information in the 21st Century: Hearings Before by DIANE Publishing Company (1998)
"The justification, which shall also include a certification as to the need for the additional depository program library designation, shall be signed by the ..."
2. SAS 9.1.3 [sic.] Companion for Z/OS. by SAS Institute, SAS Publishing (2004)
"... a program library in the CALL command that is not a valid load-module library. This message usually indicates that a data set name was misspelled. ..."
3. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1898)
"Three general topics were recommended for presentation on the main program—library extension, access to shelves, and co-operation. ..."
4. Information Systems: Agencies Overlook Security Controls During Development by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"... code program library (FIPS 73) j - Identify amd control access to Code (FIPS 73, NCSC) security code in program library (FIPS 73) -I - Use high-level ..."
5. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"... Argonne National Laboratory program library B-125, 1965; see V. Schomaker, J. Wasser, RE Marsh, and G. Bergman, Acta Cryst., 12, 600 (1959). ..."
6. Public Access to Government Information in the 21st Century: Hearings Before by United States, Committee on Rules and Administration, Senate, Congress (1997)
"Analysis of tins section: The commitment to provide public service should be emphasized as a responsibility of any program library. ..."