Definition of Reddish brown
1. Noun. A shade of brown with a tinge of red.
Generic synonyms: Brown, Brownness
Specialized synonyms: Brick Red, Copper, Copper Color, Indian Red
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reddish Brown
Literary usage of Reddish brown
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1922)
"reddish brown. Brown spot at base of hind wings Puntala ... Yellowish or reddish brown. Wings entirely tinged with yellow or reddish. ..."
2. The American Journal of Psychology by Edward Bradford ( Titchener, Granville Stanley Hall (1893)
"I, fast black. n, a blue-and-red. p, red. r, reddish-brown. 8, bluish-black, t, ... September, reddish-brown. October, dark blue. November, dull brown. ..."
3. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1899)
"9 scale 2 mm. in diameter, flat to slightly convex, dark reddish- brown, resembling walnut, on margin to a lighter shade at centre ..."
4. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1917)
"branchlets appressed-pubescent at first, becoming glabrous and reddish brown or purple: Ivs. ovate to ovate-elliptic, short-acuminate, rounded at the base, ..."
5. The Animal Kingdom Arranged in Conformity with Its Organization by Georges Cuvier, Edward Griffith, Charles Hamilton Smith, Edward Pidgeon, John Edward Gray, George Robert Gray (1829)
"reddish brown; beneath reddish; crown ash} cheeks white, brown-spotted; bill black; feet brown; length nine and a half inches. S. America. Mus. Paris. ..."
6. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1900)
"Lvs. oblong-lanceolate, about 6 in. long, pale green mottled with deeper green : scape long, reddish brown: ovary subtended by a small bract; ..."