Definition of Reddish orange
1. Noun. An orange color closer to red than to yellow.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reddish Orange
Literary usage of Reddish orange
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Entomological News and Proceedings of the Entomological Section of the by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Entomological Section (1894)
"Abdomen glossy, very dark chestnut with reddish orange segments, segments 2 and 4 having bright yellow edges. Below blackish, with deep orange segments, ..."
2. Handbook to the Birds of Australia by John Gould (1865)
"... each feather marked near the tip with two small oval spots of white; bill reddish orange; feet reddish orange, rather lighter than the bill; irides red. ..."
3. The Birds of America by John James Audubon (1841)
"Female similar, with the upper parts tinged with olive-brown, the reddish-orange bands much paler, the tail-feathers margined with dull reddish-brown; ..."
4. The Entomologist; an Illustrated Journal of General Entomology by Edward Newman, Royal Entomological Society of London (1890)
"23, but the reddish-orange patch on upper surface of primaries is more in the centre of wing, and the markings of under surface are of a very different ..."
5. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1874)
"Palpi, face and eye-caps white ; tuft reddish orange ; antennae pale reddish orange ... Primaries reddish orange, with two white basal streaks, one median, ..."