Definition of Reddish purple
1. Noun. A shade of purple tinged with red.
Reddish Purple Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Reddish Purple Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reddish Purple
Literary usage of Reddish purple
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1917)
"... filaments forming a white column. Mex. BR 1608. LBC 3:222. Var. tricolor, Hort., is said to have reddish purple fls. striped with white and rose. AA. ..."
2. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1900)
"Petiole reddish, variegated with violet ; blade broadly reddish purple spotted along the midrib and primary veins, and more or less marked with transparent, ..."
3. Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society by Royal Horticultural Society (Great Britain). (1872)
"Flowers medium size; tube f in., slender; sepals about 1 in.; corolla f in., reddish purple. An ill-shaped and inferior flower. Lady Charlotte Denison. ..."
4. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.) (1907)
"Thus, some individuals will be found which havre bright crimson or reddish purple flowers and others with light red; others with yellowish red, ..."
5. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia by Royal Society of South Australia (1900)
"Hindwings rather narrow and very distinctly elongate, termen prominently rounded; reddish-purple-grey; cilia reddish-purple-grey, on inner margin ..."
6. The California Fruits and how to Grow Them: A Manual of Methods which Have by Edward James Wickson (1891)
"Very large, oblong oval, longer on one side; slightly narrowed towards the stalk; reddish purple, bloom lilac; stalk three-fourths inch; slender; ..."
7. Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum by Richard Bowdler Sharpe (1890)
"Rump and upper tail-coverts reddish bronzy purple , purple ; back reddish purple or washed slightly with steel-blue, but never with c'". ..."