Definition of Sports coat
1. Noun. Lightweight single-breasted jacket; often striped in the colors of a club or school.
Sports Coat Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sports Coat Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sports Coat
Literary usage of Sports coat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hackoff.com: An Historic Murder Mystery Set in the Internet Bubble And Rubble by Tom Evslin (2006)
"Just a sports coat is fine, preferable in fact. But Larry doesn't have a sports coat either in his carry-on or delayed baggage. Not a problem either; ..."
2. Mike Leibig Traveling in Disguise by Michael T. Leibig (2003)
"A wrinkled sports coat, a crew cut, with a note pad is asking Harvey, "Why did you all pick here? Is this a 'sleep-in'? How long do you plan to stay? ..."
3. The Voyage of Sabra: An Ecological Cruise Through the Caribbean, with Extras by Michael L. Frankel (1990)
"I was toying with the notion of a sports coat but that seemed insane in this heat and, of course, no one wore ties. When I unzipped my garment bag for the ..."
4. Elizabeth's Campaign by Humphry Ward (1918)
"She wore a white dress, in keeping with the warm September day, and with it a dark blue sports coat, and a shady hat. Her dress only just passed her knees, ..."
5. Ninth Day of Creationby Leonard Crane by Leonard Crane (2000)
"A middle-aged man in a tan sports coat whom he didn't recall having ever seen before. As he approached the room Rosen cursed under his breath the moment he ..."