Definition of Square block
1. Noun. A block in the (approximate) shape of a cube.
Generic synonyms: Block
Specialized synonyms: Dice, Die, Ice Cube
Derivative terms: Cubical
Square Block Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Square Block Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Square Block
Literary usage of Square block
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Sanctuary of Athena Nike in Athens: Architectural Stages and Chronology by Ira S. Mark (1993)
"I) and in numerous archival drawings, the square block was positioned with its southwest corner on a salient boulder of the Mycenaean bastion. ..."
2. ... The Native Races: Of the Pacific States by Hubert Howe Bancroft (1886)
"A square block of snow serves as a stand for the stone lamp which is their only fire.*1 Eskimos, fortunately, have not a dainty palate. ..."
3. Moslem Architecture: Its Origins and Development by Giovanni Teresio Rivoira (1918)
"69), preceding as it does, with its square block hollowed out into four niches at the angles, and its elongated apse, by some four centuries the church of ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of New South Wales by New South Wales Supreme Court (1879)
"But they contend that, having an area equivalent in extent to five miles square, or 16000 acres, although not in a square block, and therefore not five ..."
5. The Beauties of England and Wales, Or, Delineations, Topographical by John Britton, James Norris Brewer, Edward Wedlake Brayley, Frederic Shoberl, Joseph Nightingale, John Hodgson, Francis Charles Laird, John Bigland, John Evans, Thomas Rees (1803)
"At the top is a square block, with four niches; those on the east and west fronts have the Crucifixion, with the Virgin, and St. John. ..."
6. An Elementary Treatise on Determinants: With Their Application to by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, Lewis Carroll (1867)
"We have now to prove the following Theorem : " If, in a square Block, any rows and any columns be selected ; and if the Block formed of their common ..."
7. The Elements of Descriptive Geometry: Shadows and Perspective. With a Brief by Samuel Edward Warren (1877)
"To find the perspective of a square block and of its shadow on the horizontal plane. In Space.—By visual rays. Having the shadow itself, .the visual ray ..."