Definition of Student teacher
1. Noun. A college student who is teaching under the supervision of a certified teacher in order to qualify for a degree in education.
Student Teacher Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Student Teacher Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Student Teacher
Literary usage of Student teacher
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Education Indicators: An International Perspective by Nancy Matheson, Laura H. Salganik, Richard P. Phelps, Marianne Perie (1997)
"The lower.the student/teacher ratio, die 'higher the. availability of' 'teacher services to students. The student/teacher ratio hgs implications not ..."
2. Contributions to Education by Columbia University Teachers College (1910)
"Bursar and student-teacher system Ages How engaged 12 to 16 pupil in secondary school. ... 16 to 17 bursar in secondary school 17 to 18 student-teacher in ..."
3. Addresses and Proceedings by National Education Association of the United States, National Teachers' Association (U.S.)., American Normal School Association, Central College Association (1902)
"Mr. Wilkinson has suggested that a student-teacher must learn to stand on his ... The student-teacher must see good teaching. I am not afraid of imitation. ..."
4. Bulletin by United States (1918)
"Supervision should be close enough to insure thorough preparation on the part of the student teacher and to prevent the repetition of mistakes. ..."
5. Inclusive Education at Work: Students with Disabilities in Mainstream Schools by Oecd (1999)
"... Table 3 Student/teacher and student/adult ratios for students with special needs in primary, lower secondary and special schools based on schools ..."