Definition of Student union
1. Noun. A building on a college campus dedicated to social and organizational activities of the student body.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Student Union
Literary usage of Student union
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Behind the Red Line: Political Repression in Sudan by Jemera Rone, Brian Owsley, Human Rights Watch/Africa (1996)
"In September 1991, students, acting through the elected student union again, ... This was the first action taken by the student union representatives ..."
2. Nigeria, on the Eve of "change": Transition to What? by Africa Watch Committee (1991)
"... secretary general of the University of Jos student union, currently in detention; o Kemi Afolayan, assistant secretary general of University of Jos ..."
3. Biographical Record of the Alumni of Amherst College ... 1821- by Amherst College, Edward Payson Crowell, Walter Stanley Biscoe (1901)
"School of Mines, '96—'97 ; Teacher of Science, HS, Springfield, '97—'98; Student, Union TS, '98— 1901. MA, Columbia, 1900. WILLIAM BUNTON CHASE, son of ..."
4. YMCA Year Book and Official Rosters by Young Men's Christian Associations (1896)
"... committee in charge of the summer school and the speakers are in such close sympathy with the objects of the student union. The session of September, ..."
5. Gayellow Pages: The National Edition 2005-2006 USA and Canada by Frances Green (2005)
"... College Gay & Lesbian student union, c/o student union, 65-30 Kissena Blvd #LL14, Flushing; 11367 Stalan Island * College of Staten Island Lesbian, ..."