Definition of Tankfuls
1. Noun. (plural of tankful) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tankfuls
1. tankful [n] - See also: tankful
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tankfuls Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tankfuls
Literary usage of Tankfuls
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Encyclopedia of Engineering: A Treatise on Boilers, Steam Engines, the by International School of Engineering (1906)
"By keeping tab of the number of tankfuls of water used during the test, and TABLE Ü WEIGHT OF WATER AT VARIOUS TEMPERATURES multiplying this by the capacity ..."
2. Standard American Cyclopedia of Steam Engineering: A Treatise on the Care by Calvin Franklin Swingle (1913)
"By keeping tab of the number of tankfuls of water used during the test, and TABLE 6 WEIGHT OF WATER AT VARIOUS TEMPERATURES multiplying this by the capacity ..."
3. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1887)
"Owing to the limited amount of ore allotted to the works, only three tankfuls are leached every four days. The men, however, are employed steadily. ..."
4. The Analysis of Fuel, Gas, Water and Lubricants by Samuel Wilson Parr (1922)
"... before condensation has been carried on, a content of 25 grains per gallon would reach the foaming stage when three or four tankfuls had been taken into ..."
5. Resources and Industries of the United States by Elizabeth Florette Fisher (1919)
"... destroy whole tankfuls of oil. Methods are being devised to prevent this waste. The user also can help by not burning crude oil but by using only the ..."
6. Resources and Industries of the United States by Elizabeth Florette Fisher (1919)
"Too often destructive fires, caused by lightning, destroy whole tankfuls of oil. Methods are being devised to prevent this waste. ..."
7. Beet-sugar Manufacture by Hermann Claassen (1910)
"... in such a way that one vessel after another is shut out of the series after two measuring-tankfuls of juice have at intervals been withdrawn from each. ..."
8. Marine Engineer and Naval Architect (1880)
"... from the carefully measured contents in cubic feet of the tanks, the number of tankfuls emptied, ..."