Definition of Tankas
1. tanka [n] - See also: tanka
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tankas Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tankas
Literary usage of Tankas
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of India Under the Two First Sovereigns of the House of Taimur by William Erskine (1854)
"One difficulty occurs, that, in several instances in Baber's Memoirs, payments are expressly stated to be made in tankas; and, in a Persian translation or ..."
2. The History of India, as Told by Its Own Historians: The Muhammadan Period by John Dowson, Henry Miers Elliot (1872)
"In the first year its revenue amounted to nine lacs of tankas, and he informed the King that he had collected more than the assigned revenue— seeing that ..."
3. Hobson-Jobson: A Glossary of Colloquial Anglo-Indian Words and Phrases, and by Henry Yule, Arthur Coke Burnell, William Crooke (1903)
"There were 3 bags containing in all 6233 tankas. ie the equivalent of the 55000 dinars (of silver) which was the amount of ray debts, and of the 12000 which ..."
4. History of India by Abraham Valentine Williams Jackson (1906)
"... and when the copper tankas had become more worthless than clods, the Sultan repealed his edict, and in great wrath he proclaimed that whosoever ..."
5. A History of India Under the Two First Sovereigns of the House of Taimur by William Erskine (1854)
"... tankas. 30. ... If the tankas of account are black tankas, ... Besides 250000 silver tankas of ..."
6. Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bombay by Asiatic Society of Bombay (1902)
"Of the large tankas, I possess seven specimens, of the Small tankas twelve,of the Half Small tankas six, and of the Quarter Small tankas three. ..."
7. Catalogue of the Coins by Charles James Rodgers (1893)
"Halves of these were termed *"J (*" "Half tankas " ; fourth parts, ... The word p*J is often omitted, and hence I at one time called half tankas, tankas. ..."