Definition of Ticket agent
1. Noun. Someone who sells tickets (e.g., theater seats or travel accommodations).
Category relationships: Dramatic Art, Dramatics, Dramaturgy, Theater, Theatre
Generic synonyms: Marketer, Seller, Trafficker, Vender, Vendor
Ticket Agent Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ticket Agent Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ticket Agent
Literary usage of Ticket agent
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1917)
"(1885) l Ohio С. С. 511, l Ohio С. D. l 285, it was held that service upon a ticket agent is not good against the railroad company where the ticket agent ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1911)
"In the Smith Case, supra, the court said : "It is a ticket agent's duty, and therefore within the scope of his authority, to give passengers correct ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1889)
"leged in the declaration and appeared upon the face of the ticket, was then signed by him as well as by the ticket agent, and witnessed by a third person), ..."
4. The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine (1896)
"He beat himself off a bit, and went could be anybody else. in and talked to the ticket-agent. They looked at their watches. « Not exactly,» he said. ..."