Definition of Trueloves
1. Noun. (plural of truelove) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Trueloves
1. truelove [n] - See also: truelove
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trueloves
Literary usage of Trueloves
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Life of John Milton: Narrated in Connexion with the Political by David Masson (1881)
"... these trueloves and the Miltons seems proved by the fact that Aunt Truelove had called one of her daughters after her sister Milton ; and, after 1618, ..."
2. Costume in England: A History of Dress to the End of the Eighteenth Century by Frederick William Fairholt (1885)
"trueloves. An ornament probably the shape of a true lover's knot, "A caule with nine trueloves of pearl." was among the jewels of Elizabeth. ..."
3. The Hall of Lawford Hall: Records of an Essex House and of Its Proprietors by Francis Morgan Nichols (1891)
"... with cloth of gold, every lozenge embroidered with trueloves of cloth of ... The 'trueloves' were, ..."
4. Social New York Under the Georges, 1714-1776: Houses, Streets, and Country by Esther Singleton (1902)
"Among them they will find : The History of Giles Gingerbread, Esq. ; The History of Goody Two Shoes ; Nurse trueloves Christmas Box and New Years Gift ..."
5. Social New York Under the Georges, 1714-1776: Houses, Streets, and Country by Esther Singleton (1902)
"Among them they \vill find : The History of Giles Gingerbread, Esq. ,- The History of Goody Two Shoes; Nurse trueloves Christmas Box and New Years Gift; ..."
6. Original Letters, Illustrative of English History: Including Numerous Royal by Henry Ellis (1825)
"... with nine trueloves of pearl, and seven buttons of gold; in each button a ruble." To return to the Letter immediately before the Reader. ..."
7. The Magazine of American History with Notes and Queries by John Austin Stevens, Benjamin Franklin DeCosta, Henry Phelps Johnston, Martha Joanna Lamb, Nathan Gillett Pond, William Abbatt (1885)
"Nurse trueloves Christmas Box and New Years Gift. The Easter, Whitsuntide, and Valentine Gifts. . The Fairing, or Golden Toy. The Little Lottery Book. ..."
8. A Dictionary of Altitudes in the United States by Henry Gannett (1906)
"... station platform Trinity, Kaufman County Trinity, Trinity County Trinity Mills Troupe Troy, M., K. & T. Rwy Do. .BM south of station trueloves ..."