¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Truffling
1. the act of gathering truffles [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Truffling
Literary usage of Truffling
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. London Society edited by James Hogg, Florence Marryat (1879)
"The truffling is done by stuffing the bird with scraped or peeled truffles, whole or divided, as size may happen to be, mixed with seasoned sausage-meat or ..."
2. Managing Forest Ecosystems to Conserve Fungus Diversity and Sustain Wild edited by David Pilz, Randy Molina (1998)
"... mycologists (Ammirati and others 1994), and the long-term research contributions of the North American truffling Society (Rawlingson and others 1995). ..."
3. Landscapes of Tuscany: A Countryside Guide by Elizabeth Mizon (2002)
"... 'Private truffling' sign (RACOLTA DI TARTUFI RISERVATA) by the stream below Chiusure TRUFFLES From September to December, under cover of darkness, ..."
4. Adventure Guide to Provence and the Cote D'Azur by Ferne Arfin (2005)
"... with huge windows overlooking Lac Sainte Croix as well as a private path down to the lake, it's located in the middle of a rich truffling territory. ..."