Definition of Truing
1. Noun. The alignment (and cutting) of a wheel (especially a grinding wheel) such that its surface is concentric with its axis ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Truing
1. true [v] - See also: true
Lexicographical Neighbors of Truing
Literary usage of Truing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Advanced Grinding Practice: A Treatise on Precision Grinding Methods and the by Douglas Thomas Hamilton, Franklin Day Jones (1915)
"The only satisfactory method of truing a wheel, for machine grinding operations, ... When truing the wheel, light cuts should be taken and the diamond ..."
2. The Complete Practical Machinist: Embracing Lathe Work, Vise Work, Drills by Joshua Rose (1885)
"This is attained by either fitting to the stone truing devices, or truing the stone (at intervals) by hand. Sometimes two stones are so set as to enable ..."
3. Abrasives & Abrasive Wheels, Their Nature, Manufacture and Use: A Complete by Frederic Burnham Jacobs (1919)
"CHAPTER TEN truing DEVICES FOR GRINDING WHEELS (Reprinted from The Iron Age. ... In this chapter, a few simple methods for truing grinding wheels will be ..."
4. Abrasives & Abrasive Wheels, Their Nature, Manufacture and Use: A Complete by Frederic Burnham Jacobs (1919)
"Abrasive action — Tools used in truing wheels — Use of bort and carbonado . diamonds in tools — Getting stones in tool — Procedure in truing wheels. ..."
5. Practical Aviation: An Understandable Presentation of Interesting and by Charles Brian Hayward (1919)
"The methods employed in truing up the complete construction will ... truing Body. The first point to be taken up is the truing of the body of the machine. ..."
6. The Complete Practical Machinist: Embracing Lathe Work, Vise Work, Drills by Joshua Rose (1894)
"In this case the best results are obtained when one stone only is used, the other (which may be a small one) being a truing stone, which is preferably ..."
7. Machine Tool Operation by Henry D. Burghardt (1919)
"Cleaning and truing the Lathe Centers.—The shanks of the lathe centers are taper and fit taper holes in their respective spindles. Any dirt, chips or burrs, ..."
8. The Eyes of the Army and Navy by Albert H. Munday (1917)
"truing Up an Aeroplane A machine is said to be " trued up'' when all controls and ... No set rule or method of "truing up" can be laid down, as different ..."