Definition of Capital of mississippi
1. Noun. Capital of the state of Mississippi on the Pearl River.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Magnolia State, Mississippi, Ms
Capital Of Mississippi Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Mississippi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Mississippi
Literary usage of Capital of mississippi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Geography: Combined with History and Astronomy by James Monteith (1864)
"What River from this State flows into the Mississippi? What River in the south? What is the Capital of Mississippi? What two Towns on the Mississippi? ..."
2. A History of Mississippi: From the Discovery of the Great River by Hernando by Robert Lowry, William H. McCardle (1891)
"The Legislature of the State being in session at the time, the old hero was unanimously invited to visit the capital of Mississippi and accept the ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"Under Spanish rule Natchez was the seat of government of a large district, and from 1798 to 1802 and from 1817 to 1821 it was the capital of Mississippi. ..."
4. Naylor's System of Teaching Geography: Adapted to Pelton's Outline Maps by Benjamin Naylor, Cale Pelton (1848)
"Jackson, the capital of Mississippi—and Monticello,are situated on its right bank —and C. on its left. ..."
5. Elementary Geography: Taught by Means of Pictures, Maps, Chars, Diagrams by James Monteith (1883)
"In this way give the name and situation of the capital of Mississippi,—of Alabama,—of Arkansas,—of Tennessee ; then the name and situation of the largest ..."
6. Colton & Fitch's Primer of Geography: Illus. by 16 Maps, and Numerous Engravings by George Woolworth Colton, George Wilham Fitch (1866)
"A. The Tennessee' River. Q. What State west of Alabama ? A. Mississippi. Q. What is the capital of Mississippi ? A. Jack'son, on the Pearl Kiver. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Capital of mississippi