Definition of Pellicularia koleroga
1. Noun. Fungus causing a disease in coffee and some other tropical plants.
Generic synonyms: Fungus
Group relationships: Genus Pellicularia, Pellicularia
Pellicularia Koleroga Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pellicularia Koleroga Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pellicularia Koleroga
Literary usage of Pellicularia koleroga
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Agricultural Pests of India, and of Eastern and Southern Asia, Vegetable by Edward Balfour (1887)
"Pellicularia koleroga, or black rot, or coffee-leaf rot, a fungus, an epiphyte which injures the leaves of the coffee tree. ..."
2. Diseases of Cultivated Plants and Trees by George Massee (1913)
"It is also said to attack the betel- nut palm in India. The injury is caused by a fungus called Pellicularia koleroga (Cooke), which forms a thin, ..."
3. The Cyclopædia of India and of Eastern and Southern Asia: Commercial by Edward Balfour (1885)
"This fungus baa received from Mr. Cooke the name of Pellicularia koleroga, but it seems very doubtful whether it is not rather a result than the cause of ..."
4. Bulletin by Puerto Rico Federal Experiment Station, Mayaguez (1915)
"PLATE I. Coffee branch attacked by thread blight (Pellicularia koleroga), ... C and D.—Threads of Pellicularia koleroga, showing branching 24 VIII. ..."
5. Phytopathology by American Phytopathological Society (1917)
"Pellicularia koleroga. This fungus occurs in great abundance, especially in the lower altitudes in Porto Rico. In destructiveness and general appearance it ..."
6. Select Extra-tropical Plants, Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1891)
"... caused by Pellicularia koleroga. (Cooke.) The Coffee-plant is also liable to suffer from the attacks of several insects, viz : Xylotrechus quadrupes, ..."
7. A Text-book of Mycology and Plant Pathology by John William Harshberger (1917)
"160-170 (1913). Porto Rico Bull. 17, pp. 29 (Feb., 1915). Leaf-rot (Pellicularia koleroga, Cke). Cook, Diseases of Tropical Plants, pp. 160-170 (1913). ..."