Definition of Baseball manager
1. Noun. A coach of baseball players.
Category relationships: Baseball, Baseball Game
Specialized synonyms: Batting Coach, Pitching Coach
Generic synonyms: Coach, Handler, Manager
Specialized synonyms: Casey Stengel, Charles Dillon Stengel, Stengel
Lexicographical Neighbors of Baseball Manager
Literary usage of Baseball manager
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Triangle by New York University (1906)
"... with a balance in the bank of $i 19.88, and balances due us from managers for $62.36, but this account does not include bills of the baseball manager ..."
2. English for Immediate Use by Frederick Houk Law (1921)
"baseball manager (to the school printer): "Print on every ticket the words, ... baseball manager: "Then print, 'No person admitted unless he comes himself. ..."
3. Michiganensian by University of Michigan (1912)
"... baseball manager (3), Varsity baseball manager (4), President Athletic Association, Athletic Board of Control, Sphinx, Druids, Michigamua. ..."
4. Technology Review by Massachusetts Institute of Technology Association of Class Secretaries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Alumni Association (1907)
"ant manager of the football team; CC Dudley, manager of the tug-of-war team; B. Reynolds, manager of the track team; and HD Billings, baseball manager. ..."