Definition of Business concern
1. Noun. A commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it. "A racially integrated business concern"
Category relationships: Business, Business Enterprise, Commercial Enterprise
Examples of category: Shipping Room
Generic synonyms: Enterprise
Specialized synonyms: Agency, Brokerage, Carrier, Common Carrier, Chain, Business Firm, Firm, House, Dealership, Franchise, Maker, Manufacturer, Manufacturing Business, Partnership, Processor, Shipbuilder, Underperformer
Member holonyms: Division
Lexicographical Neighbors of Business Concern
Literary usage of Business concern
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Women Business Owners: Selling to the Federal Government (1993)
"Small business concern—A small business concern for the purpose of ... "Disadvantaged business concern"—means any business concern (1 ) which is at least 51 ..."
2. Small Business Innovation Research: Program Solicitation (1993)
"2.3 SMALL business concern A small business concern is one that at the time of award of Phase I (and of Phase II, if awarded): a. is independently owned and ..."
3. Valuation of Public Service Corporations: Legal and Economic Phases of by Robert Harvey Whitten, Whitten, Robert Harvey, 1873-1936 (1912)
"Value as a going business concern—Circuit Judge Me- Connick in Metropolitan Trust Co. v. H. & TCR Co., 1898. ( Metropolitan Trust Company v. ..."
4. Some Principles of Business-like Conduct in Libraries by Arthur Elmore Bostwick (1920)
"A business concern may have worked for years to build it up, and the successor who has bought it may lose it in a day. Good will is two-sided: the ..."
5. Business Finance: A Practical Study of Financial Management in Private by Lough, William Henry, 1881- (1917)
"Application of Income Both the individual and the business concern possess a certain income from which living or supporting expenses must be drawn; ..."