Definition of Business sector
1. Noun. Business concerns collectively. "Government and business could not agree"
Category relationships: Business, Business Enterprise, Commercial Enterprise
Generic synonyms: Sector
Specialized synonyms: Big Business
Examples of category: Incorporate
Lexicographical Neighbors of Business Sector
Literary usage of Business sector
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. OECD Economic Surveys: Hungary by OECD Staff (2005)
"Long-term growth hinges on successful evolution of the business sector Hungary's long-term growth record is reasonably good. ..."
2. OECD Environmental Data by OECD Staff, Oecd, Organisation for Economic Co-operation, SourceOECD (Online service), Development. (2005)
"USA) business sector: break in time series: data for 1990-1994 and for 1999 stem from ... business sector: data refer to investment expenditure only. ..."
3. A New Economy?: The Changing Role of Innovation and Information Technology ...by Organization For Economic Cooperat OECD by Organization For Economic Cooperat OECD (2000)
"Also, evaluation and promotion practices in public research often reduce researchers' incentives to co-operate with the business sector or to engage in ..."
4. University Education in Denmark by OECD Staff, SourceOECD (Online service) (2005)
"Structure of the Danish business sector The Danish business sector is characterised by a large number of small and medium-size enterprises. ..."
5. Oecd Economic Surveys by Oecd (2003)
"1n the decade to 2002, business-sector output grew at an average rate of 4.4 ... Labour productivity in the business sector T = trough 2.1% 1.6% 2.0% 1970 ..."