Definition of Business letter
1. Noun. A letter dealing with business.
Business Letter Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Business Letter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Business Letter
Literary usage of Business letter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. 20th Century Bookkeeping and Accounting: A Treatise on Modern Bookkeeping by James Williams Baker (1918)
"business letter. A business letter is a written communication relating to a ... The important elements of a business letter are as follows: the date; ..."
2. The Art of Writing & Speaking the English Language by Sherwin Cody (1903)
"The writing of a business letter is apparently a simple matter, for millions ... business letter writing can be learned as certainly as stenography or any ..."
3. The Diary and Letters of Gouverneur Morris: Minister of the United States to by Gouverneur Morris (1888)
"Difficulty of doing business. Letter to Washington. The probable event of the opening campaign not favorable to the Republic. Letter to Washington. ..."
4. American Book Prices Current (1901)
"A business letter. 9663 ALS, 1 page, 4to. " West Newton." Regarding the French sale, Libbie's, May 2, 1901. (576) $28.00 publication of a serial story. ..."
5. The Life and Correspondence of Rufus King: Comprising His Letters, Private by Rufus King (1898)
"... to King—Tompkins nominated—State Politics—JA King to King—Abuse in Papers of C King for Dartmoor Business—Letter to H. Clay—Satisfactory Answer— King's ..."