Definition of Business office
1. Noun. Place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed. "He rented an office in the new building"
Specialized synonyms: Box Office, Ticket Booth, Ticket Office, Countinghouse, Government Office, Central Office, Headquarters, Home Base, Home Office, Main Office, Life Office, Loan Office, Newsroom, Shipping Office
Group relationships: Office Block, Office Building
Generic synonyms: Business Establishment, Place Of Business
Lexicographical Neighbors of Business Office
Literary usage of Business office
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1916)
"Whether "principal office" and "business office" are synonymous is not entirely clear, and we are referred to no decision by the state courts throwing light ..."
2. Bulletin by Portland (Or.), Portland (Or.). City Planning Commission, Indiana Employment Commission, City Planning Commission (1919)
"... purpose other than those specified for Residence Districts of Classes I and II hereof, or a business office, professional office, retail trade, theatre, ..."
3. Theatre Arts by Society of Arts and Crafts, Detroit (1921)
"An illustrated quarterly, published in the months of January, April, July and October, by THEATRE ARTS, Inc. Editorial and business office at 7 East 4>nd ..."
4. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1914)
"... mutual fire Insurance companies to be made on some corporate officer at defendant's "principal office," service at defendant's "usual business office" ..."
5. Business Finance: A Practical Study of Financial Management in Private by Lough, William Henry, 1881- (1917)
"The Principal business office The principal business office is not necessarily ... In that case their "principal business office" is likely to consist of a ..."