Definition of Commercial traveler
1. Noun. A salesman who travels to call on customers.
Generic synonyms: Salesman, Interpreter, Representative, Spokesperson, Voice
Specialized synonyms: Tallyman
Commercial Traveler Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Commercial Traveler Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Commercial Traveler
Literary usage of Commercial traveler
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern by Charles Dudley Warner (1896)
"THE TALE OF ARISTOMENES, THE commercial traveler From 'The Metamorphoses' I AM a native of ... commercial traveler ..."
2. Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire: A Record of by Lewis publishing company, Chicago, Ezra Scollay Stearns, William Frederick Whitcher, Edward Everett Parker (1908)
"She married Dana C. Collins, of Manchester, a commercial traveler, and had two children : Minot Farnham, died October 23, 1901, and Clark W., born May 12, ..."
3. A History of Ontario County, New York and Its People by Charles F. Milliken (1911)
"In 1894 he sold his interest in this concern to his partner, and was a commercial traveler for the wholesale stationery trade for a period of ten years. ..."
4. The Girl and the Job by Helen Christene Hoerle, Florence B.. Saltzberg (1919)
"THE commercial traveler A saleswoman or drummer is one who is employed by a manufacturing house to sell its goods to retail stores. ..."