Definition of Communication channel
1. Noun. (often plural) a means of communication or access. "Lines of communication were set up between the two firms"
Generic synonyms: Communicating, Communication
Specialized synonyms: Back Channel, Lens, Contact, Inter-group Communication, Liaison, Link, Line Of Gab, Patter, Spiel
Language type: Plural, Plural Form
Derivative terms: Channel, Channel, Channel, Channelize
Communication Channel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Communication Channel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Communication Channel
Literary usage of Communication channel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Skill in Communication: A Vital Element in Effective Management by David D. Acker (1994)
"communication channels The communication channel selected for transmitting a message ... To counteract possible interference in the communication channel, ..."
2. Trusted Network Interpretation of the Trusted Computer System Evaluation (1994)
"In section B.6.1, the notion of a "communication channel" is related to the ... The term "communication channel" is used as a refinement of the term ..."
3. A Guide to Understanding Covert Channel Analysis of Trusted Systems by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"Several definitions for covert channels have been proposed, such as the following: • Definition 1 - A communication channel is covert if it is neither ..."
4. Microcomputer Security by David J. Stang (1991)
"... communication channel ... (Orange book) A communication channel that allows a process to transfer information in a ..."
5. National Computer Security Conference Proceedings, 1992: Information Systems by DIANE Publishing Company (1992)
"Although a covert channel is a communication channel, it is generally not intended to be one and may require some sophistication to exploit. ..."
6. A Guide to Procurement of Trusted Systems: Computer Security Contract Data ...by Joan Fowler by Joan Fowler (1994)
"Bandwidth - A characteristic of a communication channel that is the amount of ... Covert Channel - A communication channel that allows a process to transfer ..."