Definition of Communication equipment
1. Noun. Facility consisting of the physical plants and equipment for disseminating information.
Terms within: Booster, Booster Amplifier, Booster Station, Relay Link, Relay Station, Relay Transmitter, Communications Satellite, Radio Station, Set, Television Station, Tv Station
Generic synonyms: Facility, Installation
Specialized synonyms: Fiber-optic Transmission System, Fibre-optic Transmission System, Fots, Network
Group relationships: Base, Infrastructure
Communication Equipment Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Communication Equipment Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Communication Equipment
Literary usage of Communication equipment
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. OECD Information Technology Outlook: ICTs and the Information Economy by Graham Vickery (2002)
"communication equipment communication equipment is the fastest growing segment. Exports of communication equipment from OECD countries increased by almost ..."
2. CapitalOttawa ( (1888)
"communication equipment. HF — 5. 15 and 100 W. SSB trans receivers ... Airborne communication equipment. — Ground to Air communication equipment. ..."
3. Oecd Communications Outlook 2003 by Oecd (2003)
"communication equipment in US merchandise trade, 1999-2001 Over recent years communication equipment has made a significant contribution to both increases ..."
4. Global Competitiveness of U.S. Advanced-Technology Industries: Cellular ... (1994)
"AT&T is a predominant manufacturer and supplier of cellular communication equipment, and is the United States' predominant supplier of inter-LATA service. ..."
5. Airport Services Manual: Part 7, Airport Emergency Planning edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"12.3 communication equipment 12.3.1 It is important to provide serviceable communication equipment in sufficient quantity to ensure rapid response of ..."