Definition of Cone-bearing
1. Adjective. Of or relating to or part of trees or shrubs bearing cones and evergreen leaves.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cone-bearing
Literary usage of Cone-bearing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Synopsis of the Contents of the British Museum by British Museum (1879)
"Terracotta; cone, bearing the name of Aba, the royal scribe of a queen. He is twice represented adoring the boat of the Sun. Time of 26th dynasty. ..."
2. The Horseless Age (1909)
"I shows a typical cup and cone bearing. The race is made of a steel stamping, ... In laying out the sizes of a cup and cone bearing equipment it is ..."
3. English Trees and Tree-planting by William H. Ablett (1880)
"cone-bearing or Resinous Trees—First in order, perhaps, come the cone-bearing or resinous trees, ... The British cone-bearing trees mainly consist of ..."
4. Plant Life of Alabama: An Account of the Distribution, Modes of Association by Charles Mohr (1901)
"... and black gum (Л//-«" xi/h'iit Ira) are common, and of cone-bearing trees the yellow pine (¡'hm* «-/limita) and scrub pine ..."
5. Practical Forestry: A Treatise on the Propagation, Planting, and Cultivation by Andrew Samuel Fuller (1910)
"Many volumes have been written, avowedly for the purpose of giving a correct classification of the cone-bearing trees of the world, but the authors of no ..."
6. Questions and Answers Relating to Modern Automobile Design, Construction by Victor Wilfred Pagé (1921)
"Sometimes the clutch cone bearing becomes dry and will seize on the shaft. If much friction exists between the shaft and the clutch cone bearing the cone ..."