Definition of Cone-shaped
1. Adjective. Relating to or resembling a cone. "Conelike fruit"
Partainyms: Cone, Cone, Cone, Cone
Derivative terms: Cone, Cone, Conic, Cone, Cone, Cone
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cone-shaped Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cone-shaped
Literary usage of Cone-shaped
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Complete Works of Gustave Flaubert: Embracing Romances, Travels by Gustave Flaubert, Ferdinand Brunetière (1904)
"... and far above could be traced a flat cone-shaped summit with a telegraph- tower behind it. Half-an-hour later they stepped out of the vehicle once more, ..."
2. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"... only a period of 10000 years to form the cone-shaped bank at its mouth on the Lake of Geneva. In this bank Roman bricks were found at a depth of Г2 m.; ..."
3. The Antiquities of Tennessee and the Adjacent States, and the State of by Gates Phillips Thruston (1897)
"... and sometimes north of the Ohio river. Several types are represented in Fig. 199. Fio. 199. — cone-shaped OBJECTS The illustrations, however, ..."
4. Journal of Morphology by Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology (1892)
"My observations differ from those of Wagner only in this respect, that I find the cone- shaped depression of the integument more pronounced ..."