Definition of Department of sociology
1. Noun. The academic department responsible for teaching and research in sociology.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Department Of Sociology
Literary usage of Department of sociology
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. System of Positive Polity by Auguste Comte (1876)
"Positive study of the whole course of human development, and is but a department of Sociology. But, conversely, Sociology is essentially reducible to true ..."
2. Publication of the American Sociological Society by American Sociological Association (1917)
"... on primitive society and on social origins have been established in either the department of sociology or in a department closely allied with sociology. ..."
3. Critical Perspectives On Racial And Ethnic Differences In Health In Late Life by Norman B. Anderson, Rodolfo A. Bulatao, Barney Cohen (2004)
"THOMAS A. GLASS, Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health MARK D. HAYWARD, Department of Sociology, Pennsylvania State ..."
4. Hispanics and the Future of America by Marta Tienda, Faith Mitchell (2006)
"PANEL ON HISPANICS IN THE UNITED STATES MARTA TIENDA (Chair), Department of Sociology, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and Office ..."
5. Multiple Origins, Uncertain Destinies: Hispanics And the American Future by Marta Tienda, Faith Mitchell (2006)
"... Department of Sociology, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and Office of Population Research, Princeton University LOUIS DESIPIO ..."