Definition of Department of the federal government
1. Noun. A department of the federal government of the United States.
Generic synonyms: Government Department
Specialized synonyms: Executive Department
Geographical relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Lexicographical Neighbors of Department Of The Federal Government
Literary usage of Department of the federal government
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications of the American Statistical Association by American Statistical Association (1916)
"... in the year 1914, practically every department of the Federal Government is engaged in preparing statistics in some form. In the Department of Commerce, ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
"(a) The Constitution has not granted any power to any department of the Federal government concerning the reclamation of fugitives from justice as between ..."
3. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1874)
"... States have followed, that of the political department of the Federal Government or that of the judicial department of the government of the State ? ..."
4. The General Principles of Constitutional Law in the United States of America by Thomas McIntyre Cooley, Andrew Cunningham McLaughlin (1898)
"THE JUDICIAL department of the federal government.1 Extent. — The judicial power of the United States extends to all cases, in law and equity, arising under ..."
5. Cyclopedia of American Government by Andrew Cunningham McLaughlin, Albert Bushnell Hart (1914)
"... and therefore committed to the legislative department of the Federal Government and not to its judi- ciary ; with the result that the action of Borda in ..."