Definition of Department of mathematics
1. Noun. The academic department responsible for teaching and research in mathematics.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Department Of Mathematics
Literary usage of Department of mathematics
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Inequalities in Statistics and Probability: Proceedings of the Symposium on ...by Yung Liang Tong by Yung Liang Tong (1984)
"Iguatemi, 05508 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil YL Tong, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588 Richard A. Vitale, ..."
2. The American Mathematical Monthly by Mathematical Association of America (1922)
"TB HENRY, instructor of mathematics at the University of Kansas, has been appointed head of the department of mathematics in Highland College, Kansas. ..."
3. Addresses and Proceedings by National Education Association of the United States, National Teachers' Association (U.S.)., American Normal School Association, Central College Association (1907)
"The mathematics round table was called to order by the leader, Charles Ammerman, head of the department of mathematics, William McKinley High School, ..."
4. The American Journal of Education by Henry Barnard (1872)
"Department of Drawing and Draughting.—Line Drawing. FOURTH CLASS—FIRST YEAR. Department of Mathematics.—Greenleaf's Arithmetic. Davies'Algebra. ..."
5. Assessment in Support of Instruction and Learning by Bota, National Research Council (U.S.), ebrary, Inc, Committee on Science Education K-12 (2003)
"... School of Education, University of Michigan THOMAS BANCHOFF, Department of Mathematics, ... University of Iowa ARTHUR JAFFE, Department of Mathematics, ..."