Definition of Distributor cam
1. Noun. The cam inside the distributor that rotates to contact spark plug terminals in the correct order.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Distributor Cam
Literary usage of Distributor cam
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Automotive Repair: Instruction Manual of Repair Jobs by John Calvin Wright (1921)
"Lost motion " in the gears or the housing surrounding the interrupter shaft causes an irregular opening of the interrupter points. To distributor cam ..."
2. The Truth about Automobiles by A. J. Smith (1991)
"When the distributor cam opens the points, the magnetic field produced by the primary coil collapses. When the field collapses, it generates an extremely ..."
3. The Gas, Petrol, and Oil Engine by Dugald Clerk, George Arthur Burls (1913)
"Now with an engine running at 1200 revolutions per minute, and having a contact sector B of 20° on the distributor cam (fig. ..."
4. Electrical Ignition for Internal Combustion Engines by Mortimer Arthur Codd (1911)
"As in a 4-cylinder engine, two cylinders are fired each revolution ; one complete revolution of the distributor cam will fire four cylinders, ..."