Definition of Distributor housing
1. Noun. The housing that supports the distributor cam.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Distributor Housing
Literary usage of Distributor housing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The how and why of the Automobile: A Series of Practical Talks on the Modern by Fay Leone Faurote (1907)
"Through the side of the distributor housing pass two bushings, upon the internal ends of which are mounted a frame which carries a platinum tipped screw (P) ..."
2. Dyke's Automobile and Gasoline Engine Encyclopedia by Andrew Lee Dyke (1920)
"... (16 and 28) for each «et of points, located , breaker in th« rear side of the ignition timer and distributor housing. Indirectly the» conden intensify ..."
3. Motor Vehicles and Their Engines: A Practical Handbook on the Care, Repair by Edward Smith Fraser, Ralph B. Jones (1919)
"... of the distributor is superimposed on the timer cam so that it fits only in one position and the distributor housing is keyed to the timer housing. ..."
4. Motor Vehicles and Their Engines: A Practical Handbook on the Care, Repair by Edward Smith Fraser, Ralph B. Jones (1922)
"... in one position and the distributor housing is keyed to the timer housing. This construction assures the proper relation of timer and distributor but it ..."
5. The Gasoline Automobile by George William Hobbs (1915)
"The distributor housing should then be taken off and access gained to the distributor mechanism. It should also be determined just which cylinder ..."
6. Automotive Ignition Systems by Earl Lester Consoliver, Grover Ira Mitchell (1920)
"The condenser may be mounted either on the distributor housing or on the base of the coil. The timer or interrupter, Fig. 149d, is carried immediately ..."