Definition of Economies
1. Noun. (plural of economy) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Economies
1. economy [n] - See also: economy
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Economies Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Economies
Literary usage of Economies
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Evolution of Modern Capitalism: A Study of Machine Production by John Atkinson Hobson (1902)
"Productive economies of the Large Business. § 2. Competitive economies of the Large Business. § 3. Intenser Competition of the few Large Businesses. § 4. ..."
2. Scientists, Engineers, and Track-Two Diplomacy: A Half-Century of U.S by Glenn E. Schweitzer (2004)
"In such economies, science and engineering—linked to marketing, production, ... As all nations move toward knowledge-based economies, the National Academies ..."
3. Samuel F.B. Morse: His Letters and Journals by Samuel Finley Breese Morse, Edward Lind Morse (1914)
"The mother tells of the economies of another young American, ... Writes of his own economies and industry. — Disgusted with Bristol. ..."
4. Food Needs of Developing Countries: Projections of Production and (1977)
"The developing market economies, by IFPRI category 28 2. Distribution of the production of major staples in developing market economies, by region, ..."
5. U.S. Economic Policy Toward Africa by Jeffrey Ira Herbst (1992)
"4 THE FUTURE OF AFRICAN economies As the United States continues to promote economic reform in Africa through its bilateral programs and the multilateral ..."
6. Globalisation and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). by OECD. (1997)
"BACKGROUND ISSUES THE IMPORTANCE OF SMEs IN NATIONAL economies Table II summarises the ... They account for over half of employment in almost all economies, ..."
7. The Future of Agriculture: Developing Country Implications by Martin Brown, Ian Goldin (1992)
"Policies of Eastern European economies The policies of the Eastern European economies ... As demand in the developed market economies is already saturated, ..."
8. Auditing Theory and Practice by Robert Hiester Montgomery (1912)
"economies Exaggerated: One has but to read some of the glowing prospectuses issued a few years ago to appreciate the difference between expectation and ..."