Definition of Economic system
1. Noun. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
Terms within: Sector, Black Economy
Specialized synonyms: Industrialism, Free Enterprise, Laissez-faire Economy, Market Economy, Private Enterprise, Mixed Economy, Non-market Economy, State Capitalism, State Socialism
Generic synonyms: Scheme, System
Derivative terms: Economic, Economic, Economical, Economist
Lexicographical Neighbors of Economic System
Literary usage of Economic system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Financial Organization of Society by Harold Glenn Moulton (1921)
"What, in general, are the elements of strength and of weakness in an economic system that is organized on a pecuniary basis ? What problems of economic or ..."
2. Criminality and Economic Conditions by Willem Adriaan Bonger (1916)
"BOOK I. THE PRESENT economic system AND ITS CONSEQUENCES. ... I. THE PRESENT economic system.1 IN order to provide for his needs man has always been obliged ..."
3. Economics by Frank Albert Fetter (1922)
"CHAPTER 32 THE PRESENT economic system S 1. The place of private property. § 2. Nature of property, g 3. Relation of wealth, property, and capital. § 4. ..."
4. Central Europe by Friedrich Naumann (1917)
"CHAPTER VI OUR POSITION IN THE WORLD'S economic system EVEN if Germany and Austria-Hungary fuse themselves into an economic unity, they will together make ..."
5. Slavery and Abolition, 1831-1841 by Albert Bushnell Hart (1906)
"CHAPTER IV SLAVERY AS AN economic system (1607-1860) THAT slavery should exist in the United States was an anomaly, for the law of England when the colonies ..."
6. Treatise on Sociology, Theoretical and Practical by Henry Hughes (1854)
"The difference is in their economic system, whose order qualifies all the other ... In the other form's economic system, order is not warranted: it is free. ..."