Definition of Economic value
1. Noun. The amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else. "He tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices"
Generic synonyms: Amount, Measure, Quantity
Specialized synonyms: Mess Of Pottage, Premium
Derivative terms: Evaluate, Valuate, Value, Value
Lexicographical Neighbors of Economic Value
Literary usage of Economic value
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Social Value: A Study in Economic Theory, Critical and Constructive by Benjamin McAlester Anderson (1911)
"The theory is a theory of economic value, even though the tremendous influence of ethical and other values be recognized as entering into economic values. ..."
2. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1898)
"THE economic value OF THE WHITE-BELLIED NUTHATCH AND BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE.1 BY E. DWIGHT SANDERSON. THE value of our common birds as insect-destroyers has ..."
3. Value and Distribution: A Critical and Constructive Study by Herbert Joseph Davenport (1908)
"The value with which economics has to deal is economic value, a small subdivision of the whole. As this is a treatise on economics, we shall hereafter use ..."
4. The Westminster Review by John Chapman, Charles William Wason (1903)
"ON THE economic value OF AN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS LANGUAGE. THE diversity of human language may be viewed either as a blessing or as a calamity. ..."
5. International Catalogue of Scientific Literature by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1906)
"A. The economic value of our native birds 1. An analytic key for Ü»? determination of Pennsylvania!! birdi. 2. General discussion of our native birds by ..."
6. The Value of Money by Benjamin McAlester Anderson (1917)
"THE VALUE OF MONEY CHAPTER I economic value THE problem of the value of money is a special case of the general problem of economic value. ..."
7. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1907)
"THE economic value OF WILD BIRDS. BY WR McINTOSH, OF FRESNO. Nowhere in the material universe do we find a more interesting and beautiful law of balance and ..."