¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Filmer
1. one that films [n -S] - See also: films
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Filmer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Filmer
Literary usage of Filmer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1889)
"filmer was knighted by Charles I at the beginning of his reign. ... Another tract attributed to filmer in the same list, ' Of the Blasphemie against the ..."
2. Histoire de la Science Politique Dans Ses Rapports Avec la Morale by Paul Janet (1887)
"Enfm J.-J. Rousseau lui-même, un siècle après, fait une allusion ironique aux doctrines du chevalier filmer dans un passage curieux du Contrat social (2). ..."
3. The Cambridge Modern History by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton Acton, Ernest Alfred Benians, Sir Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero (1909)
"The writer identified with Divine Right is filmer. ... So in a sensible answer to filmer by Tyrell, Patriarcha non Monarcha, it is evident how filmer's book ..."
4. Introduction to the Literature of Europe in the Fifteenth, Sixteenth, and by Henry Hallam (1856)
"This was maintained in the Patriarcha of Sir Robert filmer, written, as it appears, in the reign of Charles I., but not published till 1680, at a time when ..."