Definition of Genus Bartramia
1. Noun. A genus of Scolopacidae.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Family Scolopacidae, Scolopacidae
Member holonyms: Bartramia Longicauda, Bartramian Sandpiper, Upland Plover, Upland Sandpiper
Genus Bartramia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Bartramia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Bartramia
Literary usage of Genus Bartramia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Some American Medical Botanists Commemorated in Our Botanical Nomenclature by Howard Atwood Kelly (1914)
"'The Linnaean genus Bartramia was unquestionably named after John Bartram, ... genus Bartramia of Hedwig. Neither name is now tenable under modern rules of ..."
2. The Nature Library by Doubleday, Page & Co., Firm, Publ (1907)
"Genus BARTRAMIA, Hedw. The species of the genus Bartramia live from year to year, their erect, two-forked stems with soft felted hairs toward the ..."
3. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1910)
"... to the Western Hemisphere, from Ontario and Greenland south to Indiana, North Carolina, Barbados, and northern South America.] genus Bartramia LESSON. ..."
4. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History by American Museum of Natural History (1907)
"... 1817, with same type, will replace Pavoncella. (Cf. Stone, Auk, XXIV, April, 1907, 195.) genus Bartramia Bartramia LESSON, Traite d'Om., 1831, 553. ..."