Definition of Home-loving
1. Adjective. Devoted to home duties and pleasures.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Home-loving Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Home-loving
Literary usage of Home-loving
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Woman of Tomorrow by Helen Maria Winslow (1905)
"XV ON home-loving AND HOUSEKEEPING THERE are people in the world in this enlightened age who are worrying about the relation of the woman of to-morrow to ..."
2. What Can Woman Do? by Timothy Shay Arthur (1859)
""He was a home-loving man !" Mrs. Angell repeated the words as if uttering them to herself. ... A home- loving man! Why, this includes half the domestic ..."
3. The Dog in British Poetry by Robert Maynard Leonard (1893)
"CXLIV THE home-loving DOG THE lonely fox roams far abroad, On secret rapine bent, and midnight fraud : Now haunts the cliff, now traverses the lawn, ..."
4. New Englander and Yale Review by Edward Royall Tyler, William Lathrop Kingsley, George Park Fisher, Timothy Dwight (1891)
"It is also very well known that, as a rule, the English people were a home-loving people—exceedingly attached to their native land. ..."