Definition of Home appliance
1. Noun. An appliance that does a particular job in the home.
Generic synonyms: Appliance
Specialized synonyms: Curling Iron, Iron, Smoothing Iron, Kitchen Appliance, Sewing Machine, Pants Presser, Trouser Press, Vacuum, Vacuum Cleaner, White Goods
Lexicographical Neighbors of Home Appliance
Literary usage of Home appliance
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Alternative Farming Systems by K. Schnieder (1994)
"In 1989 the home appliance industry shipped about 49 million new appliances ... Association of home appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), Major home appliance ..."
2. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 1996-1997 by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Many home appliance and power tool repairers work a standard 40-hour week. .... For general information about the work of home appliance repairers contact: ..."
3. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 1994-1995 by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"Working Conditions home appliance and power tool repairers who handle portable appliances usually work in repair shops which generally are quiet, ..."
4. Building Energy Efficiency (1992)
"Units shipped, 1989 (thousands) 10600 6250 7100 5090 4570 3670 3050 2170 1220 5010 48730 SOURCE: Association of home appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), ..."
5. Things That Go Blip in the Night: Standby Power and How to Limit It by International Energy Agency (2001)
"... Association of home appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) is a trade organisation of home appliance manufacturing companies. AHAM provides industry statistics, ..."
6. China in the World Economy: The Domestic Policy Challenges by Charles A Pigott (2002)
"The home appliance sector has already been suffering from falling prices and extremely thin profit margins as a result of fierce domestic competition and ..."