Definition of Marriage contract
1. Noun. A prenuptial agreement or contract.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Marriage Contract
Literary usage of Marriage contract
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1903)
"It adjudged that the marriage contract theretofore existing between the parties was thereby dissolved, and both parties released from the obligation of the ..."
2. Commentaries on American Law by James Kent, Charles M. Barnes (1884)
"... by the darkness and disorder which it brings upon the human faculties, to make void the marriage contract, may sometimes be a perplexing question, ..."
3. Conflict of Laws, Or, Private International Law by Raleigh Colston Minor (1901)
"By the contract of marriage, or marriage contract, is meant the solemn agreement of the parties to assume the relation of man and wife, — the wedding ..."
4. The Marriage Law of England: A Practical Guide to the Legal Requirements by James Thomas Hammick (1873)
"CHAPTER I. OF THE marriage contract, AND ITS LEGAL HISTORY IN THIS COUNTRY. ... of the marriage contract 2. The English Marriage Law prior to Lord Hard- ..."
5. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1898)
"A marriage contract will be declared null and void, however, where either ... Had he sufficient mental capacity to understand the marriage contract? Kern v. ..."