Definition of Married person
1. Noun. A person's partner in marriage.
Group relationships: Man And Wife, Marriage, Married Couple
Specialized synonyms: Bigamist, Consort, Helpmate, Helpmeet, Hubby, Husband, Married Man, Monogamist, Monogynist, Honeymooner, Newlywed, Polygamist, Married Woman, Wife
Generic synonyms: Domestic Partner, Significant Other, Spousal Equivalent, Spouse Equivalent, Relation, Relative
Derivative terms: Mate, Spousal
Lexicographical Neighbors of Married Person
Literary usage of Married person
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1904)
"offense of the married person is adultery, ' and of the unmarried person fornication. Ly- man v. People, 64 NE 974, 198 1ll. 544. ..."
2. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Edward Aloysius Pace, Charles George Herbermann (1922)
"... married person can make a valid novitiate civil marriage; the penalty is likewise incurred by that unless a dispensation has been granted by the to the ..."
3. Annotated Cases, American and English by H Noyes Greene, William Mark McKinney, David Shephard Garland (1917)
"It has been held in some recent cases that an unmarried person, who has voluntary sexual intercourse with a married person, commits the crime of adultery. ..."
4. Ruling Case Law as Developed and Established by the Decisions and by William Mark McKinney (1914)
"Other statutes make it adultery for any unmarried person to have sexual intercourse with a married person of the opposite sex,8 but where the statute does ..."
5. A Treatise on the Criminal Law of the United States by Francis Wharton (1874)
"... sexual connection by a married person with one who is not such married person's husband or wife. I § 2650. Third, that it consists in sexual intercourse ..."