Definition of Metal drum
1. Noun. A cylindrical metal container used for shipping or storage of liquids.
Metal Drum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Metal Drum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Metal Drum
Literary usage of Metal drum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bradbury's Pleading and Practice Reports by Harry Bower Bradbury (1920)
"... NY, a short distance from the southerly line of the City of Elmira, NY THIRD: That as parts of said machine there were at said time a metal drum, ..."
2. Practical Sheet Metal Duct Construction: A Treatise in the Construction and by William Neubecker (1916)
"Constructing Rectangular Elbows When the brick flues in attic are connected to a sheet metal drum by means of metal ducts, the elbows in the ducts should ..."
3. Wilson's Photographic Magazine (1908)
"The essential parts of the device are: A hollow metal drum (£>), perforated spirally by a series of 200 holes making exactly one complete revolution around ..."
4. The Life and Inventions of Thomas Alva Edision by William Kennedy-Laurie Dickson, Antonia Dickson (1894)
"The pens reaching through the perforations send a series of impulses over the line, making contact with the metal drum, and so registering at the other end ..."
5. Handbook for Gas Engineers and Managers by Thomas Newbigging (1904)
"See that the pointer of the small metal drum above the index in the wet meter, or of the small circle on the index plate of the dry meter, coincides with ..."
6. Alternating Current Signaling by Harold McCready, Union Switch and Signal Company (1915)
"The outside laminated core, with its two windings, is known as the stator and the metal drum is called the rotor. The Model 12 polyphase relay is shown in ..."
7. A Handbook of the Petroleum Industry by David Talbot Day (1922)
"ASPHALT TABLE H In the Eastern part of the United States the metal drum and ... The metal drum has the following dimensions: Height 34¡ inches Diameter 211 ..."