Definition of Power service
1. Noun. A public utility that provides electricity.
Generic synonyms: Public Utility, Public Utility Company, Public-service Corporation, Utility
Power Service Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Power Service Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Power Service
Literary usage of Power service
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Commentaries on the Law of Municipal Corporations by John Forrest Dillon (1911)
"Sewers; Construction under Police Power; Service Charges. — In some cases the power of the legislature, or of a municipality acting under legislative ..."
2. Public Utilities Reports by Henry Clifford Spurr, Ellsworth Nichols, Public Utilities Reports, inc (1920)
"11, 1919, respondent company required to render electric service to the complainant under its rate known as "Rate for' Wholesale power service to Other ..."
3. Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1895)
"The cost of this power service was from eight to eleven cents per car mile. ... This item is reduced in power service to-day to a cost, under general ..."
4. Bulletin by National Electric Light Association (1911)
"The Commonwealth Edison Company has a wholesale schedule of rates for electricity which is the same for lighting and power service without lamps. ..."