Definition of Power structure
1. Noun. The organization of people at different ranks in an administrative body.
Generic synonyms: Organisation, Organization
Group relationships: Administration, Brass, Establishment, Governance, Governing Body, Organisation, Organization
Member holonyms: Hierarch
Power Structure Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Power Structure Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Power Structure
Literary usage of Power structure
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Shahmah in Pursuit of Freedom; Or, The Branded Hand by Frances Harriet Green (1858)
"... a powerful but obedient Vehicle of Human Power—Structure of the Ship—Who and what built lt—Pithy Questions and dry Answers—Arrival—Quiet—Negroes—Harbor— ..."
2. The City: Urban Communities and Their Problems by Alan S. Berger (1978)
"The forty most frequently nominated were taken to be the policy leaders, the power structure of the city. These people were mainly businessmen who were ..."
3. Calcutta Review by University of Calcutta (1844)
"... in the Attitude towards Egalitarianism SRO scale modern indifferent traditional Division of Labour* Independent Career* Socialization** Power-Structure ..."
4. The Making of the American Citizenry: An Introduction to Political Socialization by Michael P. Riccards (1973)
"Other examinations of the family power structure are John A. Clausen, "Family Structure, Socialization and Personality," Review of Child Development ..."
5. Europe: Dimensions of Peace by Björn Hettne (1988)
"When this identification is isturbed and threatened by the effect of 'modernization', conflicts etween sub-state regions and the central power structure ..."