Definition of Stayned
1. stayne [v] - See also: stayne
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stayned Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stayned
Literary usage of Stayned
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of Long Melford by William Parker (1873)
"... uif- 53 0 Item : for the Clothes stayned and ... and Mathew Lyes, the stayned ....... xxv*- ... stayned ..."
2. The Antiquary by Edward Walford, John Charles Cox, George Latimer Apperson (1897)
"... silke and iiij painted staves therto belonging Item a stayned cloth w' a ... and S' James Item a stayned cloth w' the Image of Christ peter James and ..."
3. The Parson's Handbook: Containing Practical Directions Both for Parsons and by Percy Dearmer (1907)
"Item one for above and beneth stayned for all solne ' daye with ... stayned with grene with Ihesus writen in the ..."
4. The Textile Colourist (1876)
"Of this ' stayned cloth' we have lately found hangings upon the walls of a dining-room in one mansion; in another ornamenting, with great effect, ..."
5. East Anglian, Or, Notes and Queries on Subjects Connected with the Counties by Samuel Tymms, Charles Harold Evelyn White, Suffolk Institute of Archaeology (1890)
"... one albe and one crosse of coper / Itm two crosse clothes / one of stayned ... of stayned canvas wth thre sonday colora of red it yelow Itm three bells ..."